Terms and Conditions
We are CT Hardware Sdn Bhd, a company registered in Malaysia with registration number 70683-X. Our registered address is No.5, Jalan SS 2/3, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
• When you (the person named on the order) place an order with us (whether in-store, by telephone, via our website or by such other means as we may permit), we will do business with you under the following Terms and Conditions and are subject to acceptance by us either (as applicable):
(i) by delivery of the goods to you; or
(ii) by providing the goods you have purchased to you at the trade counter, at which point a legally binding contract is constituted between you and us.
• These Terms and Conditions are subject to change from time to time. The current Terms and Conditions are available online at cthardware.com and will govern orders placed by you and the supply of goods to you.
• The processing of your payment and acknowledgment of your order (including sending you an email confirming your order is being processed) does not constitute legal acceptance of your order.
• On our website, you may place an order to purchase a product advertised for sale by following the onscreen prompts after clicking on the item you wish to purchase. You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input errors in your order up until the point at which you place your order by clicking the “Place order and pay” button on the checkout page.
• All orders placed by you and purchases of goods by you from us, are subject to acceptance by us (as described in contact clause). We may choose not to accept your order or purchase for any reason and will not be liable to you or to anyone else in those circumstances.
• Where we accept your order, we have a legal duty to supply goods that are in conformity with these Terms and Conditions.
• We offer goods for sale through:
- our website www.cthardware.com
- our catalogue
- our branches
- other channels (marketplaces, social media & other 3rd party partner if available)
• The price payable for the goods you order or purchase is as set out on our website at the time you submit your order, plus any charges for delivery as advised to you.
• Catalogue prices are correct at time of going to press, and we reserve the right to update prices. We also reserve the right to change the price of commodity goods, including without limitation copper and cable, at any time due to market conditions but we will confirm the prevailing price with you before accepting your order or purchase. We are not obliged to accept your order or purchase for such goods and may decline it or limit the order quantity.
• Occasionally, we advertise goods at a promotional price; you must quote the relevant promotion code, otherwise you may be charged the full price.
• Occasionally, an error may occur and goods may be either incorrectly priced or described in which case we will not be obliged to supply the goods at the incorrect price or in accordance with the incorrect description or at all. We reserve the right to correct any errors from time to time. We will (at our discretion) either cancel your order and refund the price you have paid or use reasonable endeavours to contact you and ask you whether you wish to continue with the order at the correct price or correct description. If we are unable to contact you or you do not wish to continue with the order at the correct price or correct description, we will cancel your order and refund the price you have paid.
We offer all our goods on a payment-with-order basis. This means you must pay us when you place the order and any applicable charges for delivery, before your order can be processed unless we have agreed otherwise in advance in writing. We can take payment by most credit cards and debit cards. Our branches also accept cash. We will only accept your order if we receive the payment in full. We provide credit accounts to a limited number of approved business partners, local authorities and government-funded establishments under separate terms of business.
• Unless you choose to collect the goods from one of our stores (available via our Click & Collect or Call & Collect service) and except in exceptional circumstances (as contemplated in Events Beyond Our Control clause), we aim to deliver the goods in accordance with your order usually within the stated delivery time (except in exceptional circumstances) but not more than 30 days after the day you place your order, unless otherwise agreed between you and us, subject always to availability & exceptional circurmstances clause. We reserve the right to deliver an order in instalments by separate delivery shipments. Further information about delivery of our goods can be found at www.cthardware.com/delivery.
• Before placing your order, please refer to the delivery options set out on our website and in our current catalogue to ensure that we can deliver to your address. A valid signature may be required on collection or delivery. In the unlikely event that you have not received all the goods within the stated delivery time, you must notify us immediately.
• For reasons of health and safety and to avoid any property damage, items can only be delivered to the exterior of a ground floor location at the delivery address. You must therefore make your own arrangements at your own risk if the relevant item needs to be transported from the delivery location. We will not provide any unpacking, installation, fitting or waste removal services upon delivery unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
• You must do all that you reasonably can to enable delivery to take place at the given time and place. If you delay delivery, or delivery fails because you have not taken appropriate steps, we will try to arrange for an alternative delivery date within 30 days of the failed delivery. If delivery fails as a result of circumstances within your reasonable control, the cost of any re-delivery shall be borne by you. If we are unable to arrange a date for re-delivery we may cancel your order and refund to you the price that you have paid for the goods.
• Without prejudice to above clause, upon delivery of the goods to you or collection of the goods by you, the goods shall be at your risk and responsibility. In spite of delivery or collection, ownership (also known as “title”) in the goods shall not pass to you until you have paid the price for the goods in full and, where other sums payable to us from you are overdue, you have paid those sums too. Until title in the goods passes from us to you, you shall: (i) not be entitled to use the goods; (ii) safely hold the goods for us; (iii) return the goods to us immediately if we ask you to; and (iv) be liable to us for any loss, damage or destruction of the goods. In addition, until title in the goods passes from us to you, you shall store the goods at your own cost separately from all other goods in your possession and marked in such a way that they are clearly identified as our property. You grant us an irrevocable licence to enter, with or without vehicles, any of your premises for the purpose of inspecting or repossessing the goods.
Click & Collect / Call & Collect
• In accordance with Contract clause, acceptance of your order and the formation of a contract between us will take place when we hand the purchased goods over to you at the store counter.
• If you need to cancel your order after you have submitted it, please call us on 03-7873 0000
• Before you place your order you will be asked to confirm which store location counter you wish to collect the item from. You must collect the item from the store location counter you select.
• Subject to Availability clause, if your item is in stock at the store location counter, we will aim to ensure that it is available for collection from the store location counter in as little as 15 minute (during store opening hours) after we receive your order and successfully process your payment.
• Subject to Availability clause, any item not in stock on the day of ordering can usually be made available for collection from 2pm on the next working day. Alternatively, where possible you can part-collect the available goods the same day from your selected store location counter and collect the remaining goods from 2pm the next working day.
• Items are available for collection only during normal opening hours for the relevant store location counter as set out on our website (see www.cthardware.com/storeslocation for details of opening hours and locations).
• We will carry out an in store verification before you can collect your goods.
• If you do not collect your order within 21 days then your order will be cancelled, and the value of your order will be applied as a customer credit to your CT Hardware Record. Please call or visit us to arrange a refund.
• Unless we have your written authorisation, we will always need an authorised signature when delivering goods to you.
• All goods are subject to availability. We aim to keep enough stock so that we never run out. However, at times when there is unexpectedly high demand, we may unfortunately run out. If this happens, we may delay sending out your order for a couple of days while we get new stock. We may, at our discretion, process any part of the order which is available. If we are expecting a longer delay, we will use the information you have given with your order to let you know about our progress. You may contact us at any time to check on the progress of your order.
• We work hard to ensure that we have sufficient stock to meet all of our customers’ needs; to achieve this, we may restrict sales of certain goods from time to time. Where we believe that availability does not or may not meet demand, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to vary your order by placing a limit on the volume or number of goods that you order. This limit may be imposed either on a single order of goods or on a series of orders for goods, and may be notified to you at the time of placing the order, before delivery or collection or at collection.
Manufacturer's Warranties & Guarantees
• Some of our goods are sold with a manufacturer’s warranty, guarantee or similar assurance (please see the relevant product description on our website for further details). Any complaint, query or claim under a manufacturer’s warranty, guarantee or similar assurance must be made direct to the manufacturer and we do not have any responsibility or liability under or in connection with any such warranty, guarantee or assurance.
• Any manufacturer’s warranty, guarantee or similar assurance applies in addition to your legal rights if you are a consumer.
• Some products may feature an extended manufacturer’s warranty. These may need to be registered within certain limited days of purchase – see the product documentation for more information.
Cancellation, Returns & Refunds
• You may cancel your order by giving us notice of cancellation as soon as possible before we arrange the delivery. We will make the refund as soon as possible and within 14 days of cancellation. Please note cancellations are accepted or rejected at our discretion.
• On cancellation for whatever reason that is accepted at our discretion, where you have received the goods you must return the goods to us (together with the original packaging) without undue delay and in any event within 14 days after the day of the cancellation at your cost, unless we agree otherwise. You must return goods with all components and also any promotional items received (including free gifts) or discounted additional products. For more information on the ways in which you can return the goods you have received, please see the Returns section of our website at www.cthardware.com/returns.
• Following cancellation, subject to deduction* we will refund you the price paid for the cancelled order (or part of the order cancelled). We will pay the refund within 14 days after the day you notified us to cancel your order, where you have not received the goods; or we receive the goods you returned to us.
• We will refund you using the same means of payment as you used to pay for your order or purchase if it's cancelled within 24 hours of order placed. For cancellation above 24 hours after order placed, we will provide you with a refund via bank transfer or customer credit (at your option).
• We reserve the right to make a deduction from the amount of the refund for loss in value of the goods returned where the goods show signs of unreasonable use; for these purposes, unreasonable use includes handling the goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. We may withhold any refund until we have received the goods or you have supplied proof of return for the goods.
• Your right of cancellation does not apply to goods that are cut or mixed to your requirements, made to measure, made to order, made to your specifications, or specially indent order to your request. Your right of cancellation does not apply to goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons (such as water pumps, toilets and macerators), if you have opened the product packaging after delivery or collection.
If any of the goods we supply fail to perform satisfactorily due to faulty materials or workmanship, contact us at any time and we will work with you to deal with the problem. This may involve a repair, and or providing a replacement product.
We are constantly updating our products, prices and offers. We are confident of our technology and staff but we realise that we sometimes may make mistakes. If we offer goods for sale incorrectly, we will always try to honour our offer. There may be rare circumstances where it is not possible for us to do this. In these cases, we will contact you and explain the situation. If we cannot sort out the matter fairly with you, we can refuse your order and refund any payment you may have made.
Unexpected circumstances / Events beyond our control
If things like strikes, wars, acts of terrorism or even small things like power cuts interfere with our business with you, however we shall have no liability to you for any failure or delay in supply or delivery or for any damage or defect to goods supplied or delivered hereunder or for any other liability, in each case that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control (including, without limitation, accidents, extreme weather conditions, fire, explosion, flood, storm, earthquake, natural disaster, failure of telecommunications networks, inability to use transport networks, mechanical failures, acts of God, terrorist attack, war, civil commotion, riots, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes, acts or restraints of Government, and imposition or restrictions of imports or exports).
Age restrictions apply to some goods we supply, such as solvents, axes, knives, and knife blades. By ordering these goods, you are confirming that you are over 18 and that the person receiving the delivery, or collecting the goods, is also over 18. We will carry out age checks for all orders containing age-restricted items, and you may need to provide official documents as proof of age.
We reserve the right to cancel your order or purchase if we reasonably believe you do not meet the relevant age restriction.
• If any provision of these Terms and Conditions (including any provision in which we exclude or limit our liability to you) is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality or enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected. Our contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Malaysian law.
• All “Was” prices shown have been charged at the previous higher price and those products were available to buy at that higher price from any of our stores, on www.cthardware.com, and via our Contact Centre. Please contact us (details below) if you would like further details.
• All images are for illustration purposes only. Contents / accessories shown in images are not included unless stated in product description.
If you wish to make an order, cancel or discuss your order, or make a complaint with respect to your order, please contact us by phone on 03-7873 0000 , or by email at email@example.com.
© CT Hardware Sdn Bhd. Drawings, photographs, part numbers, layout and style are considered property. Reproduction in whole, or in part, is strictly prohibited without written permission. Quantities and measurements are approximate. Trademarks acknowledged. Exact products may vary from those shown. All products subject to availability. CT Hardware is a trading name of CT Hardware Sdn Bhd, registered in Malaysia No. 70683-X.